French Ardennes, logistics position between France and western Europe
Cross-border territory close to main European capitals, connected water/road/train, and at the heart of 110 million inhabitants area, French Ardennes offer an effective solution for developing a European logistics base.
- A304 / E420: strategic highway between North and South
- High speed trains direct connection to Paris
- River connection for high capacity barges
- At only 2 hours drive from international airports
- Fortement Highly turned to export, French Ardennes are experienced in addressing international business
A strategic European axis
Alternative to the A1 (crossing Paris region) and to the A31 (passing through Luxembourg) with its uncertain traffic, the European highway A34/A304, completely toll-free, makes the territory a crossroad for major trunk road in northern Europe, close to all major ports. French Ardennes are directly connected to the Belgian motorway network via the E420.
Main available business parks
- Givet Port: this 28 ha multimodal zone (water/rood/train), with 3 docks and 1450 m of platform, includes a container warehouse platform for more than 10 000 m², a Logistics area and direct rail connection to the canal. Navigation on the Maas river for high capacity barges, access to main Northern Europe port network (Antwerp, Liege and Rotterdam)
- Tournes-Cliron business park: this industrial and Logistic zone has 34 ha available space, with quick access to the A304, and close to Ardenne Metropole employment area
- Donchery business park: between Charleville-Mézières and Sedan on the A34 East (heading to Liege, Brussels and Metz), spacious Lands directly connected by rail and by highway
- Rethel business park: directly connected to highway A34, the park extends over 84 ha of which 20 ha are ready to build. Between Reims and Charleville-Mézières, it is a real opportunity directly on the Rotterdam-Marseille highway
- Amada, Japanese group specializing in manufacturing industrial machinery, has recently invested to modernize its production tools and made its Charleville-Mézières site its European logistics base
- Smurfit Kappa, manufacturer of cardboard packaging. Located in Rethel with a direct access to the highway, this facility con easily supply the French market as well as Northern Europe